Effective January 13, 2023
Welcome to DonorDrive
This page is used to inform application users regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information if anyone decided to use our Service.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this Policy.
Data protection laws sometimes differentiate between “controllers” and “processors” of personal data. A “controller” determines the purposes and means (or the why and the how) of processing personal information. A “processor,” which is sometimes referred to as a “service provider,” processes personal information on behalf of a controller subject to contractual restrictions.
As part of our business relationship with our customers, we are often asked to receive, gather, store, analyze, or otherwise process information, which may include personal information, on behalf of our customers. We refer to this type of information and personal information as “customer data.” When we process customer data, we generally act as a processor. This means we process customer data on behalf of our customers subject to restrictions set forth in our contracts with them.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data You Provide
Personal data you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, links, comments, and form results.
Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service or an event you register for.
Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Personal Data From Other Sources
We may obtain your personal information from other sources which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources such as service providers, business partners, or publicly available sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our Service, or the types of products or services we offer. Your contact information may be collected by a third party and provided to us in connection with your access to one of our resource materials (such as DonorDrive reports or guides). We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Business Representatives Data Collection Practices
We also may collect professional personal information about representatives of third-party businesses, including representatives of our business and enterprise customers and business partners, in connection with our Services and the operation of our business, which may include:
- Contact Information, such as full name, email address, mailing address and telephone number.
- Professional Information, such as job title, job function, company name and characteristics, professional background, and nature of the relationship with us.
- Tax and Payment Information, such as a personal tax identification number, bank account information, and payment information where the individual is a representative of a sole proprietor or similar legal structure that uses personal tax and account information in lieu of separate business information.
- Contract Information, such as any information relating to our contractual relationship.
- Inquiry Information, such as the contents of emails, texts, and other communications and, where permitted by law, recordings of calls with us.
- Feedback Information, such as information provided in response to surveys we may conduct with customers or business partners, or unsolicited feedback received regarding our Service and business.
If you engage in our Services or interact with us through your employer, company or organization, we may receive the above information from the company.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, IP address, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. To learn more about how to opt out of Cookies or Online Advertising, See our Your Choices About Cookies and Online Ads section below for more information.
- To operate the Services. We use your personal data to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- provide information about our products and Service;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events or surveys in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service;
- to respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
- For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you DonorDrive-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Your Choices section below.
- To display advertisements. We work with advertising partners to display advertisements elsewhere online. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of the Service or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the Your Choices About Cookies and Online Ads section below
- To manage our recruiting and process employment applications. We use personal information, such as information submitted to us in a job application, to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity and monitoring recruitment statistics.
- To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
We provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. Registered users on our nonprofit client sites using our platform can view and edit personal information they have already provided at any time.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions on the communication, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices).
DonorDrive has an established relationship with each of its nonprofit clients. DonorDrive is legally obligated to maintain user account information until we have received written consent from our nonprofit clients, who maintain control over the user accounts created in our platform, to modify or delete data. Processing account deletion requests may take additional time when there are financial transactions associated with your account (if people have donated to your fundraising page and/or if you have made donations yourself).
To request to delete an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising (to the extent the advertising partner or other entity participates in such industry opt-out pages), you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/choices and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting www.youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Business / Promotional Partners: We may share limited information with third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, or other joint promotional activities or co-branded services.
- Customers: If you engage in our Service, we may share your personal data with our customers.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal data to a third-party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal data may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in compliance with applicable law.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may disclose personal data about you to certain other third parties with your consent or at your direction.
Links to Other Sites
Depending on your country, province or state of residence certain rights may apply to you. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the European Union, European Economic Area, or United Kingdom, please click here for our Notice to European Users.
- If you are a resident of the States of California or Nevada in the United States, please click here for additional U.S. state-specific privacy disclosures.